Monday, August 30, 2010

BEST Week.

Worst Week is a show that had a short run on CBS recently.  It's, in essence, Meet The Parents, the TV Show.  A few months ago, it was added to Netflix Instant, so I've revisited it -- twice.  Finishing the second reviewing of the finale as I type this.

It's the most cringe-inducing television show I've ever seen in my life.  Awkward in every sense of the word.  You almost find it unenjoyable -- almost.  Sam, the main character, played by Kyle Bornheimer, is a better horrible son-in-law than Ben Stiller could ever attempt to be.  His charm, wit, and brilliant under-the-breath double-talking makes it possible for you connect with a character that otherwise deserves to get socked in the face -- a lot.  


Sam's wife and her mother are fine characters; they do their job well enough.  But the other reason to watch this show is RED.


Red Forman.


Kurtwood Smith, to people from my generation, is known from his major role in the TV show "That 70's Show" as the grumpy parent to the main character.  His role in this show isn't really a stretch, but it's always nice to have a little more Red in your life.


Queue it up.  You'll know weather it's for you or not within the first 5 minutes.  


Dumbass.

13 comments:

  1. I never really liked the 70's show but Red did make me laugh anytime I was flipping the channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a big forehead!
    http://clarkeycook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you called me a dumbass? :(
    http://wutwut64.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://ewhere08.blogspot.com/

    No good sir, you're a dumbass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sure I saw a episode or two, not a big fan of sitcoms though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up without my dad, and when I watched this show, it felt like he was my pops! Red is soooo the man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAA Red Forman, isnt he a bad ass redneck XD cheer men

    ReplyDelete
  8. ill put my foot up your ass! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right On Red!

    http://celluloid-butter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have to check that one out... Cheers from mesawannayousa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete